LIBRARY COMPUTER POLICY
The goal of the Delgado Community College Libraries Computer Lab is to provide a computing environment for Delgado students, staff, and faculty through access to computer software and hardware, and to enhance the users’ efforts while researching Library resources.
All Library Computer users must be knowledgeable of the Library Computer Policy before using the computers. Users must abide by the stated policies.
GENERAL COMPUTER LAB INFORMATION
-Software applications in the Computer Lab include: Internet Browsers, Microsoft Office, PDF readers, and Web Mail.
-The Library staff does not provide office supplies, such as paper clips, diskettes or other miscellaneous supplies.
-The Library is not responsible for the loss of any user's data. The Library is not responsible for damage to data occurring during transfer or downloads.
-The Library staff will periodically delete all personal files from the Computer hard drives.
-Printing from the Internet is available. Check with the Library Staff for help/instructions. Only a current Delgado ID can produce a print job.
-The Library Computer Lab is opened during regular Library hours.
1. All Library Computer users must register at the Circulation desk and provide his/her valid Delgado student pictured ID. Only users registered by the Library Staff will be permitted to use the Library computers.
2. Library Computer users are encouraged to request assistance from the Library Staff.
3. Game playing is strictly forbidden.
4. Saving files on the hard drive is prohibited. Users are required to save files on diskettes.
5. Absolutely no tampering with any Library Computer software or altering the appearance of the computer desktop is permitted.
6. Computer usage will be restricted to one hour during peak periods. Peak period is when all of the computers are in use. Normal circulation is two hours.
7. Users are required to work quietly at the computers. Conversations and group discussions are not permitted in the Library Computer Lab area. Multiple computer use by one user is prohibited. Multiple users of one computer is also prohibited.
8. No eating, drinking, smoking, or cell phone usage is permitted in the Computer Lab.
9. It is not our responsibility to watch your material(s). Should you have to leave your computer for a personal reason, please inform the Library Staff.
10. Use of the Library computers is a privilege and not a right. As with all privileges, abuses will not be tolerated. Inappropriate and/or non-academic use of the Internet to which Delgado is directly or indirectly connected will be deemed abuse of computer privileges.
11. Since the Library Staff keeps records of what computer you are using, you must use the computer assigned to you by the Library Staff. Only the user who the computer is checked out to may use the computer. Another user may not use a computer that is checked out to someone else. Special requests for access to certain computers cannot be honored, as Library Staff assign computers based on space usage and availability. Failure to follow policies may result in your removal from using the computer(s).
* All of the above rules are subject to periodic updates and/or changes.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE LIBRARY COMPUTER LAB USE POLICY MAY RESULT IN THE IMPOSITION OF ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING SANCTIONS: